Life Events


Anybody living in Fairlands, Broad Street, Wood Street Village or Worplesdon is welcome to ask for their child to be baptised at either St Alban’s or St Mary’s church. In addition, those who regularly attend the church but live elsewhere can also apply. Please contact the church office who will discuss the arrangements with you and help ensure the family is properly prepared for this very important celebration.


Couples where one or both of the partners live in Fairlands, Broad Street, Wood Street Village or Worplesdon are welcome to have their wedding at either St Alban’s or St Mary’s church. Couples can get married also by having a qualifying connection with the parish, and the Rector will be happy to explain this to you. Please contact the Rector who will explain the process and fees involved. The clergy will do all they can to ensure the wedding is a happy and memorable day and to help you towards a loving and lasting marriage. The clergy will also look sympathetically on requests for marriage in church after divorce.


At times of bereavement the clergy are there to offer support and guidance. Anybody living in the parish may request a service at either St Alban’s or St Mary’s church or the clergy can conduct the service at the crematorium.

The deceased may be buried at St Mary’s churchyard or their ashes placed in the St Mary’s Garden of Remembrance if they lived in our parish or were members of our congregation. Please contact the clergy for more information or discuss your requirements with the Funeral Director who will contact the clergy on your behalf.

A booklet entitled Arranging a Funeral in the Parish of Worplesdon is available from either Church, from the clergy or from local funeral directors.  We also have a leaflet, Planning Your Funeral, to help you leave guidelines for your own family in the event of your death.